Tuesday 2 February 2010

Lessons from the Real People

"My people would never stand for being literally 'open-minded'. There is too much deception, too much hurt, too much bitterness to hide.
But for myself, could I personally forgive everybody whom I believed had wronged me? Could I forgive myself for all the hurts I had inflicted? Someday I hoped to be able to lay my mind on a table, like the Aborigines, and stand by as my motives were exposed and examined.
The Real People don't think the voice was designed for talking. You did that with your heart/head center. If the voice is used for speech, one tends to get into small, unnecessary, and less spiritual conversation. The voice is made for singing, for celebrating and for healing.
They told me everyone has multiple talents and everyone can sing. If I don't honour the gift because I thought I couldn't sing, that wouldn't diminish the singer within me.
...
I had to learn to forgive myself, not to judge, but to learn from the past. They showed me how vital it is to accept, be truthful, and love myself so I could do the same for others." (p.64)

Marlo Morgan (2004) Mutant Message Down Under, Harper, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment