Saturday 17 April 2010

I just had a moment ... !

Maslow called it self-actualisation ... I'm not sure that is what just happened and yet it is this sensation whereby a multiplicity of feelings, thoughts, events go capow and this tiny window of clarity, meaning takes place ... I'm not sure what to call it ... a moment ... when the transition clicks and I go oh yeah that's it ... I'm where I want to be and quick as a flash it's gone again. That's just happened to me. I was thinking about Joanna Macy's 'Work that Reconnects', what some call 'The Great Turning' and the shift from an industrial growth society to a life sustaining community and for me so much of what is going on focuses on seemingly what is going on out there and not what is going on in here. For me it's the in here that is fascinating. This is where the seed is planted, germinates and starts to grow. In a way I also accept there is no out there and in here. It's an artificial dualism, nevertheless, when personal responsibility is in play I bring my full self into the scenario and I am imagining who knows all about transition in every sense and then I was like well people who transition their gender, that's a no hiding situation. It's deeply personal and yet it involves everything you come into contact with and seemingly changes the fundamentals of your life. If someone can transition from male to female or female to male how does that compare with someone transitioning from an individuated ego-identified sense of self to a collective transpersonal sense of self? Does your sense of knowing, being and doing alter or become more authentic during this process of transition? I'm curious? And do I have the language to describe what it is people transition into being, knowing and doing in the shift to a life-sustaining community? It's all questions on this path!!! I don't even know if I am asking helpful questions anymore! It's easy for me to get lost once the tiny moments of clarity pass.

Some additional thoughts from Anne Ortelee. In the transition go for the place or choose the choice that offers you a tribe you can call your own. Where will you be happy doing what you love to do? Can you name that place and start to move toward the possibility of getting there? Life is full of potential each of us needs to give ourselves the support in taking the risk to change our beliefs. Name and support the process of acheiving our dreams. Seek out and stand in the vision of what you are trying to create. Let the sun shine on your back, head and face. Whisper a quiet resolve to the Sun ~ Come up with the positive, the POSITIVE version or vision of where you are going. State it as a declarative statement. Give it a statute of limitations and stand back. See what you can do to support yourself and your dream. If YOU don’t support your dream, why do you think other people will help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment