Tuesday 6 April 2010

brainrustiness

Is there such a word as brainrustiness? If there isn't there should be as it aptly describes my mental state right now. Or maybe I accidentally switched my brain off last autumn and now I'm trying to use it again I'm beginning to notice I'm not quite playing with a full deck, if you know what I mean!

If I were being a little more kind and generous with myself I could put this down to hormones or even having acquired a state of nowness. Living in the moment rather than juggling with the past and future. However that doesn't explain the basic forgetfulness I am experiencing.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to take a giant extended holiday and super chill. Well now I know. It feels like I'm floating, which is awesome. I can simply be, which is such a state of grace. And yet my concentration feels shot. And my memory is not even up to that of a goldfish. Three seconds and dink - blank!

1 comment:

  1. I love the word! It's one to remember..... and sounds much more interesting the the usual alternative - memory lapse.....

    Join the club.....keep a diary....and just remember 1. to be more kind and generous to yourself and 2. that a SMOOTHie is good for the vitamins etc..!

    ReplyDelete