Sunday 26 July 2009

If I get another text asking me how do I feel .... ggggrrrrr!!!

Sometimes I hate texts and emails. It means no eye contact, no body language, no listening to tone or intonation and no touch. It is such a one dimensional form of communication.

The short diplomatic answer to the above question is, "I'm doing fine thanks." Which means fuck all. In cricket terms that is like dotting the ball. It's the blandest of the bland.

The long honest answer to the above questions is, "I'm not feeling my best, no strike that I'm fucked off and angry. A week of being on my own is lonely. A week feeling ill with a possible case of swine flu has left me physically wiped out and without much energy. A week feeling rubbish and not seeing anyone makes me unhappy.

As I know only too well this time will pass. I was reminded by a good friend to 'sit tight', wait, more has to happen before it is possible move on. Aaaahhhhhh, a hate being betwix and between, especially when I don't feel so good.

To quote the last three lines of a very timely and accurate poem called 'Going Wild' by Maryse Arnold;
"Fuck being reasonable
it's too late for that
i'm going wild."

No comments:

Post a Comment