Tuesday 6 June 2017

Immersion

Painting: Immersion by Ornella Imber

What lies beneath the beneath,
Flowing in the river I cannot see?
From which well did I spring?
I wish I could return there now,
To that place again
And dress it with garlands of flowers.
How do I begin to say thank you
For the life I was given?
Sacrifices made which I know not,
Without which I could not be here.
A blackbirds song will never sound so sweet
unless some recompense is lain down.
It is not magic that I am here,
That anyone of us is here.
Like starlight glistening in a darkened sky,
Our lives are meant to shine.
From the midst of forgotten dreams
A measure of honey is offered to those gone before.
The old one I cannot see,
Their tears fall upon me like bejewelled rain drops.
A reminder of our unceasing unbroken connection.
I will not let go.
My grip is assured, even when storms of doubt rage.
For I am hewn from granite rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment