Tuesday 9 July 2013

In a room

Caught at the back of a room
With seemingly no way out
(there is always a way out,
the door to the prison is open)
I've arrived in that place
Not somewhere I intended to venture
Not knowingly chosen
Or is it?

This is where I am
It's dark, dank, damp and heavy
My emotions are like over ripe fruit
They hang ample and full
Bursting open full of anger
Resentment, vitriol, bitterness
Sadness, seething frustration
GRIEF!

My body voice wants to sing and shout
To be heard
I could lash out
Physically expressing the years
of repression
of oppression

How so?
Born into privilege
Into material abundance
Into a surfeit of seeming opportunity
Wanting for supposedly nothing
Except for ...
... except for ...
... ... and that's it ...
The place where words end
And feelings begin
Unfathomable feelings burst forth
Where cognitive sense ceases to have meaning
And experiential knowing unfurls itself
No schooling speaks of this place

I'm surely not the first
Nor will I be the last
to find myself here

I'm being stewed, broiled, cooked and boiled.
I'm being stripped, peeled, sliced and diced.

Played like a mouse caught
In the paws of an stealthy alley cat.
Learning life lessons
Faster than a hare running across a
sun drenched summers field.


No comments:

Post a Comment