Thursday 4 July 2013

I am mountain

Mountain's in many cultures are revered places. They are honour places of pilgrimage, refuge and sacredness. One such mountain in the UK is Cadair Idris found in the mountain range of Snowdonia, Wales. Cadair is regarded by locals as the great seat of poetry. Legend has it that anyone who chooses to spend a night on Cadair's peak will wake either mad, dead or a poet. Another Legend is that Arthur made his Kingdom here, hence the name 'seat of Arthur'. Many who have visited Cadair will tell you the same; there is something truly mythical, magical and mysterious about this great mountain. Irrespective of all the legends Cadiar is a mountain of transformation.


I am rock
I am mountain
I am tor

I offer perspective
I offer vision
I offer clarity

I am ancient
I am forever
I am present

I offer sanctuary
I offer pilgrimage
I offer silence

I am shaped by everything
I am welcoming
I am forgiving

I offer a place to belong
I offer memory
I offer a meeting point

I am of this place
I am part of you, as you are part of me
I am home

I offer stories
I offer acceptance
I offer a door to the unknown

I welcome the lost, the lonely and the unsure
I welcome the curious, the searching, the explorers
I welcome the challenging and the challenged
I welcome the committed and the uncommitted
I welcome the ecstatics, the joyous, the celebrants

Burn your fires upon me
Flow your waters through me
Blow your air around me
Place your soil on top of me.

Look into my eyes and you will see the moon, the stars, the whole cosmos
Lean against me and you will feel my warm and gentle embrace
Place your ear upon me and you will hear the song of your heart
Drop a fragment of me into your mouth when there is nothing left to nourish you
Stand upon me and in a moment from eternity exchange a breath with me.

I am rock
I am mountain
I am tor

No comments:

Post a Comment