Tuesday 28 June 2011

To non-dualism and beyond ...

I was reading a quote by Richard Rohr today, he said, "Dualistic thinking will give us lust instead of love, patriarchy instead of community, domination instead of cooperation, and mistrust or fear instead of reconciliation of opposites." It is exactly in our wholeness—not merely one or the other—that we experience unity consciousness, the sacred and we become healed.

I feel like I am living in a conflicted dualistic world. And yet I have seemingly stumbled across a window that looks out onto a vision of a non-dualistic world. I know where I would rather be, but somehow, I don't seem to be able to make the necessary steps towards it. It's baffling to me and frustrating in equal measure. To desire something and yet not quiet know how to be it or do it. Or is that really the case? Maybe what I am experiencing is an important learning post.

It's as though I have the theoretical know-how but not the practical know-how. I can see but I cannot yet touch. The rational part of me says there is a new adventure to be had learning the practical know-how. It can't come soon enough. I sense this part of the journey can't be rushed, it takes time and their are no short cuts. To make the most of what lies ahead I need to free myself up and move beyond the theoretical way and allow space for the expansion into practical doing.

My first tender steps have included a gripping exploration of myth and story and some eye-opening side trails into ways of facilitating social change and qualitative many-ways of knowing. On my next excursion I intend to dip my toes into the pool of permaculture. From there I feel I need to connect more with my own creativity ... Buzz Lightyear has his famous catch phrase 'to infinity and beyond' maybe we need an holistic living alternative to Buzz. I wonder what her name could be, Quantum Consciousness perhaps? And her catch phrase could be 'to non-dualism and beyond' ... not sure it has quite the same ring to it as Buzz Lightyear's catch phrase !!! More creativity needed.

2 comments:

  1. What about 'the unity and beyond'?

    You are such a creative person!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like 'to unity and beyond', thanks for the suggestion!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete