Sunday 13 December 2015

Shadow Work I


Shadow work.

The storms have been rolling in.
Wind and rain flexing their muscles
Reminding me who's the boss.
Some call it destruction
Others say it's clearance,
Which ever way it's change.

When I spend too long in a place 
Where my shadow is not acknowledged or given space. 
My warrior will eventually show up. 
My warrior has arrived.
And she is guarding the door to my soul.
Protecting me.
I've been feeling provoked, prodded and goaded
Misjudged and out of sorts. 
That's my story.
What's yours?
I need to speak my truth.
That's hard to do when hurt, judged or overwhelmed.
That's hard to do when my shadow is not welcomed.
It's not safe.

Anger is activating.
Anger makes me aware of what's not ok.
Anger makes me attend to the shit going on.
Anger protects me and guards my boundaries.
Anger says STOP!
Anger says no.
Anger protects and empowers me to act.
Anger is my activism.
Anger needs to move, like the wind.
Anger needs a voice, it needs to go some place.
Anger needs to be heard.
Anger is not to be held onto or stored.
Anger needs to flow like tears.

My anger needs to get up, bellow and go.
So I can show,
My vulnerability.
When anger can pass through
I can let go and breathe again
Unfettered and
Free


No comments:

Post a Comment