Thursday 12 June 2014

Sisters ...

The perfect one and the wild goat riding one.
I tip my hat to Tatterhood.



A Bonded Pair

The wooden spoon was waving helicopter like round her head.
Meat ! Meat ! Feed me Meat !
I was yanked out into the world head gripped between forceps.
What the fuck are you doing to me people !

Riding a wild goat she rode off on her own path
No care for the thoughts or consideration of others
I was wrapped up as tightly as you can imagine, cocooned in wool
Stoically I sweltered under the burgeoning summer sun

Let’s go on an adventure she said to her sister
Into the deepest darkest woods we can find
I love you so much, little sis I’ll even share my smarties with you
Let’s run around all summer long in our little red wellies

Oldest sister marries first, you should know that
Now who is going to marry me?
Oldest and youngster sister swop rank and responsibilities
Thank the Lord she followed convention, it’s not for me.

Like chalk and cheese they both were - and yet,
Those sisters born of the same mother remain a bonded pair.
How come so such difference to the eye
Are born and surmounted by ties of blood and kinship?  


No comments:

Post a Comment