Monday 5 December 2011

Two More Five Minute Poems

I

To surrender unbiddenly
falling into the darkening
mystery unknowing of
my direction
wondering if I spread my
wings will I be able to
fly this time
Or will a mix of feather
and sinew befuddle the
betwixness of my fall
And yet directionless may
be someone else's judgement
of my stepping off
To me it appears the only
way to go.

II

I want to be a tree
a one legged ancestor
home to creepy-crawlies
and vestige to feathered friends
a place where squirrels
acrobatically balance on
my farthest outstretched limbs.

I want to feel each season
pass by me, the sap rising
up in spring as my verdant
coat enfolds me for another
year, where the suns rays
warm my wrinkled and
cracked skin.

I want to hear the cries
of the wind rushing through
me like a ghost on a mission
as I stand here in one
place, my only place
for an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment