Wednesday 25 May 2011

Discombobulated

What a great sounding word ... discombobulated ... I've landed, of sorts, back in Yorkshire, in a place I call my home, which is fast becoming a building in which I store my things. A very extravagant storage facility. Hum ... my things, there's a thing !!! I've lived without the majority of my things for nearly 5 months now and to be honest not missed many of them. In fact the longer I'm away the more I forget what I have. It is a privilege to have a home for my things, it is a great relief to have a place to lay my head down at night, but I am fast learning my definition of home is becoming a looser and more fluid term of reference. My understanding of home is becoming more about where I happen to be than where my possessions may recide. Interestingly, home used to be about an external place and now it is more of an internal place. How life changes, without me even noticing.

1 comment:

  1. Yeh, life changes... and it bring lots (and lots) of surprises...
    It depends on us to welcome then.
    Love from me to you
    Mi

    ReplyDelete